For years, state leaders have been trying to make it harder to vote. Ohio was once a leader in voting rights, but now we only make news when politicians engage in voter suppression. We need a Secretary of State who will prioritize fairness, accessibility, and efficiency at the ballot box. We need a Secretary of State who will champion a Democracy for Ohio Agenda.
Democracy for Ohio Agenda:
- Protect Every Citizen’s Right to Vote
- Stop Voter Purges
- Increase voter participation by expanding automatic voter registration
- Expand early voting days and hours
- Introduce Same-Day Voter Registration
- Allow for Online Voter Registration
- Allow for Online Absentee Ballot Requests
- Create Opt-In for Voters to automatically receive mail ballots
- Bolster our state’s cybersecurity and guard against foreign interference in our elections
- Modernize statewide voter registration database
- Remove loopholes that allow for dark money to go unreported
SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESS
The Secretary of State’s office handles incorporation and filings for all businesses in Ohio. I pledge to cut red tape and other obstacles to make it easier to start a business in our state. My office will strive to be the most transparent and user-friendly business portals of any state in the country.
- Work with the Department of Commerce, Ohio Treasurer’s Office, and local authorities to make sure businesses have a one-stop-shop for all they need to operate in Ohio.
- Create the Ohio Business Snapshot, a short and voluntary survey for all new and continuing businesses. The data will be a resource not just for businesses, but for individuals, journalists, academics, and economic development authorities.
- Develop best practices for cybersecurity and protection of sensitive business data
- Create office of Entrepreneurship
- Develop resources for Veteran, Minority, and Women Owned Businesses